The Committee is constituted to represent Odiham Parish Council (the council) in its objective of ensuring safe public access to Council owned or managed areas or assets. These areas and assets are to be maintained with consideration to environmental, aesthetic and operational standards. The Amenity Areas Committee meets quarterly and is currently chaired by Cllr John Raw
- The Committee holds delegated authority from the Council as defined under item 3 (d) of the Council’s Standing Orders.
- All serving Councillors may request to be appointed to the Committee.
- The Council will appoint a Chair of the Amenity Committee at the Annual Meeting of the Council and may elect a Vice Chair as per Standing Order no 3 (e) (vi).
- The Committee will be quorate in accordance with the Standing Order 1 (w) and meetings will normally be held in line with the published Parish Council meeting timetable as determined by the Council.
- The Committee may nominate representatives to participate in joint working parties and to represent the Council on external committees.
- Working parties and Advisory Committees established under the Committee’s powers and undertaking roles which are the responsibility of the Committee will be formed with explicit and independent Terms of Reference as required by Standing Orders.
- The Committee shall ensure that full financial details and information is kept of all expenditure whether run directly or through working parties and shall present such information to the Council periodically.