The Traffic & Transport Committee is constituted to represent Odiham Parish Council in helping to allow a safe, secure and easy passage for all forms of transport throughout the parish within planning guidelines. This covers:-
- Traffic, parking and speeding
- Road safety issues
- Footpaths – those used by parents and children to allow safe walking to the schools and the village
The current Traffic & Transport Committee Chair is Cllr David Stewart
- The Committee seeks to achieve these objectives by working and liaising with the Traffic Partnership Forum, Hart DC and Hampshire Highways.
- The Committee holds delegated authority from the Council as defined under item 3 (d) of the Council’s Standing Orders.
- All serving Councillors may request to be appointed to the Committee.
- The Council will appoint a Chair of the Traffic and Transport Committee at the Annual Meeting the Council and may elect a Vice Chair as per Standing Order no 3 (e) (vi).
- The Committee will be quorate in accordance with the Standing Order 1 (w) and meetings will normally be held in line with the published Parish Council meeting timetable.
- The Committee may nominate representatives to participate in joint working parties and to represent the Council on external committees.
- Working parties and Advisory Committees established under the Committee’s powers and undertaking roles which are the responsibility of the Committee will be formed with explicit and independent Terms of Reference as required by Standing Orders.
- The Committee shall ensure that full financial details and information is kept of all expenditure whether run directly or through working parties and shall present such information to the Council periodically.
Traffic Partnership Group
The (Odiham) Traffic Partnership Group (TPG) is a forum, sponsored by Odiham Parish Council and meets on a quarterly basis to discuss and progress issues including:
- road safety
- parking problems
- safety outside schools
- road damage
- road closures
The TPG comprises of representatives from Hants CC, Hampshire Police, Mayhill School, Buryfields School, Robert Mays School, RAF Odiham, Hart DC, Dogmersfield Parish Council and all Traffic & Transport Committee members are invited to attend.
Speed Indicator Device (SID)
OPC own a SID which is now used by the Speedwatch team.
Historic SID data can be viewed below:
Nov 2019 Kings Street Facing North
Dec 2019 The Street North Warnborough Facing South
Jan 2020 OPC Hovis Highstreet Meeting
Jan 2020 OPC Hovis Highstreet
Feb 2020 Hook Rd facing North inbound traffic
Feb 2020 Hook Rd facing south outbound traffic
Sep 2020 Alton Rd Facing Alton