RAF Station Ward, Odiham Parish Council
Applications are invited for co-option
Odiham Parish Council covers the civic parish of Odiham which includes Odiham, North Warnborough and RAF Odiham. 10 Councillors make up the Council who are appointed to represent the interests of residents. Following a resignation, we have a Councillor vacancy covering the RAF Station Ward.
The full Council generally meets every third Tuesday of each month at 7.30pm. In addition, much of the Council’s work is delegated to Committees and Working Groups:
- The Amenity Areas Committee meets once a quarter and manages the Council’s buildings and open space facilities.
- The Planning & Development Committee meets once every three weeks as a statutory consultee on planning applications within the Parish.
- The Traffic & Transport Committee meets once a quarter and acts as a liaison group between the Council and relevant highway authorities.
- The Community Committee meets once a quarter and focuses on supporting the community such as grant funding, events and working with other community organisations.
- The Finance Committee meets once a quarter.
The commitment of time required to carry out the Councillor function varies, depending on the different committees, but all Councillors need to allow sufficient time between meetings to read and action emails.
If you are interested in being considered for co-option to the Council please write to [email protected] confirming you meet the eligible criteria* and provide a summary of the reasons why you have applied with details of any skills and experience you consider to be relevant.
The above details are required by Friday 19th March to enable co-option to take place early April.
For more information about this role, you can contact the clerk for an informal chat on 01256 702716.
3rd March 2021
*Eligibility for office: electors over the age of 18, living or working in the Parish or within 3 miles of the Parish and not disqualified under the terms of the full Regulations which can be read under the Local Government Act 1972, sections 79-80.