The Bridewell is located in the heart of The Bury just off Odiham High Street.
The Bridewell is an historic building with a long and varied past. Originally built as a prison, it consists of a square building around a courtyard which includes a well. The Bridewell is a Grade II listed building, dating back to 1759. Originally built as a Police Station with cells, a magistrate court room and assumed residential accommodation for the local bobby and family on the upper floor. More recently the building accommodated the Hampshire Library and offices.
Further information on history can be found HERE
Following closure of the Hampshire County Council led library service December 2020, the Bridewell was transferred to Odiham Parish Council which now owns and manages the building. Current uses includes The Parish Office, office space for the local MP and Community Police Constable Officer and is home to the Odiham Book Exchange, a community interest company led by volunteers. However, The Bridewell has far greater potential and Odiham Parish Council’s ambition is to transform The Bridewell into a thriving community hub by opening up the building to more hirers and local service provision.
Anyone interested in keeping up to date with future plans should follow FUTURE VISION
The first phase is opening up The Library Room to other hirers.
Bookings can be made at BOOKINGS